Healthy Breakfast Recipe Carrot Cake Breakfast Bites
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 12g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 45g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) white whole-wheat flour or whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) mild-flavored cooking oil (like canola or melted coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg (50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (110 grams) shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups (122 grams) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (40 grams) raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together cooking oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined. Fold in shredded carrots, flour mixture, oats and raisins and stir gently until just combined.
- Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, drop batter by the tablespoonful on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool bites for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Energizing Tips (optional)
- (As Pictured) Add in 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes into the batter to increase calories and flavor. (Per serving: Calories: 313; Total Fat: 13g; Carbohydrate: 45g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 15g; Protein: 6g)
- Add in 1/4 cup chopped pecans into the batter to increase calories and healthy fats. (Per serving: Calories: 330; Total Fat: 15g; Carbohydrate: 45g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 16g; Protein: 7g)
Body Works Global http://bodyworksglobal.com/