The Bleep test is also known as the Shuttle run test or the Yo-Yo test. The Bleep Test, Shutter run or Yo Yo Test Calculator is a maximal running test performed on a flat 20 meter distance.
Bleep Test, Shutter run or Yo Yo Test Calculator Instructions:
1. Mark a 20 meter distance. Use lines, tape og cones at each end.
2. Warm up for 5-10 minutes.
Bleep test3. Start the Bleep test software. At each bleep, you need to have at least one foot on line with the endpoints of the track.
4. If you are to fast you will have to wait at the line until the bleep.
5. An increase in speed is indicated with a double-bleep.
6. When you can no longer follow the pace (misses the bleep two consecutive times) stop the test and read your VO2max score (Fitness) in the calculator.
As the test is based on a controlled gradual increase in speed, this running test is easier to follow for non-runners than most other running tests.
Note that this Bleep Test, Shutter run or Yo Yo Test Calculator uses a slightly different algorithm for calculating VO2max than the original article by Léger. We use the algorithm developed by professor Jens Bangsbo From University of Copenhagen. His version of the Bleep test is known as the Yo-yo test.
Léger L, Gadoury C.
Validity of the 20 m shuttle run test with 1 min stages to predict VO2max in adults.
Can J Sports Sci 1989;14:21–6. Bleep Test, Shutter run or Yo Yo Test Calculator.